Z104’S DISNEY HALLOWEEN TIME/PERSONALITY ON THE PARK AT THE DISNEYLAND® RESORT” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station Z104 KSOP-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by KSOP, Inc., 1285 W 2320 S., West Valley City, UT, 84119, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the “Z104 PERSONALITY ON THE PARK Vacation to the Disneyland® Resort” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the station in the last 30 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the station in the last 30 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of KSOP Inc., its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step- siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Contest Period. The Contest will begin on 8am., MT on 9/20/21 and will run through 9:50am, MT on 10/11/21 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. How to Enter. You will automatically be entered in the Contest once you complete the following:
A. On-Air: (i) Listen to the Station weekdays from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. specifically in the 8:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. hours during the Contest Period. (ii) The Station will give you the name of a specific of a Disneyland Attraction “visited” by a Z104 personality, for a chance to win a vacation to the Disneyland Resort. (iii) Caller Z (26) to the Station the next morning at 7:30 am, that knows four places visited by the PERSONALITY ON THE PARK from the previous day as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will win a 4-Pack of 2 Day 1-Park per day Disneyland Resort tickets, and qualify to be upgraded to a Disneyland Vacation of 2 night’s hotel accommodations at a Disney property hotel, and a 4-Pack of 3 Day 1-Park per day Disneyland Resort tickets.
Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. Thus, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
5. Winner Selection. On or about 7:30 a.m., MST on each morning (excluding weekends during the on-air Contest Period) beginning 9/21/21 the station will solicit for Caller Z to call the station at 801-570-5767. The station will take caller Z (caller 26) If the callers knows the attractions visited by the Personality on the Parks from the previous day (Attraction sites will be announced weekdays at 8am/11am/2pm/5pm) they may be awarded the prize. If the entrant does not know the correct 4 attractions, the station will move on to the next caller. This process will continue until a winning caller is awarded. All prize winners qualify to be in an upgrade drawing at 9:50am MT on Monday, October 11, 2021 for a Disneyland Vacation of 2 nights hotel accommodations at a Disney property hotel, and a 4-Pack of 3 Day 1-Park per day Disneyland Resort tickets. All qualifiers must listen to win and claim their Grand Prize within ten minutes and forty-three seconds at (801) 570-5767.
6. Verification of Potential Winner. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the Contest Prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Each winner gets four (4) two day one-park per day Tickets to the Disneyland Resort.
The Tickets are to be awarded as prizes to bona fide winners of the Sweepstakes only. No Tickets (or portions thereof) may be reassigned or transferred if any winner is unable to redeem such prize. Tickets issued will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration date will not be extended, and Tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will either be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold or transferred to a third party, including without limitation, to any travel agents, tour operators or other persons engaged in the travel industry, except as allowed in this Agreement. No substitutions are allowed. All other expenses, including but not limited to taxes, transportation to/from the Premises, parking, hotel accommodations, hotel room service, meals, beverages, souvenirs, resort taxes and fees, gratuities, incidental expenses and souvenirs, are the sole responsibility of the Sweepstakes winners.
The approximate retail value of each Ticket is two hundred twenty-five Dollars ($235.00) The value of the Grand Prize package is one thousand seven hundred and forty dollars ($1,740.00).
Winners are responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.Winners must be at least the age of majority pursuant to his/her applicable state of residence to enter and win. A Guest under the age of majority must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian who must be at least the age of majority and both will be deemed Guests of the winner (unless the winner is the Guest’s parent or legal guardian). Once selected by winner, Guests cannot be changed without the express consent of Disney, which may be withheld for any reason.
Vacation Package and its components (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, separated, sold, exchanged or redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, substituted, assigned, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above, except in Disney’s sole and absolute discretion.
All elements of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, the theme park tickets) must be used by the Group on the same dates during the redemption of the Vacation Package. Any portion of the Vacation Package not accepted or used by winner will be forfeited.
Theme park attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and subject to change without notice. \
Theme park tickets must be used prior to 7/15/22. Terms and conditions as set forth herein and on the theme park tickets shall apply.
A winner may not charge any Guest for participating in the prize. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by Promoter or Disney.
The winner will not receive compensation for any element(s) of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) that any participant(s) is unable to use for any reason, and such unused portion(s) of the Vacation Package will be forfeited.
If the winner chooses to bring less than the allotted number of Guests, the Vacation Package will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of participants with no substitute prize or compensation provided to the winner
The winner and his/her Guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity release form prior to booking of any travel. Failure to return the executed release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the Vacation Package. Winner acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of the Group, related to any use or misuse of the prize or any prize-related activity or travel.
Any damaged, lost or stolen theme park tickets will not be replaced.
The actual value of the Vacation Package may vary depending on point of departure and seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the/each Vacation Package will not be awarded.
Federal, state and local taxes relating to the prize are the responsibility of the winner and Promoter will issue all tax forms including a 1099 form to the winner.
All disputes arising out of or relating to any prize provided by Disney shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of law rules, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail and govern.
Winners must be at least the age of majority pursuant to his/her applicable state of residence to enter and win. A Guest under the age of majority must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian who must be at least the age of majority and both will be deemed Guests of the winner (unless the winner is the Guest’s parent or legal guardian). Once selected by winner, The Vacation Packages shall not include the following: Travel to and from the Disneyland® Resort; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs, etc.; local and long-distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees or taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included in the packages pursuant to this Agreement. The Vacation Packages (and all elements thereof) may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred or rescheduled, except in Disney’s sole and
absolute discretion. Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions and is subject to hotel availability at the Disneyland® Resort. Advanced reservations required. Winners must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to enter and win. Travelers under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian and must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
8. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, KSOP Inc., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; (c) Disney, its parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions and/or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way relate to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Promotion. Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation Packages, which restrictions shall be determined by Disney in its sole and absolute discretion. and (d) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
9. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Station’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
10. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
11. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance or completion of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Station, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reason causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available or claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
15. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self- addressed stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor identified below. CONTEST SPONSOR: KSOP, Inc., Z104. 1285 W. 2320 S. West Valley City, UT, 84119.